Monday, September 29, 2014

The Kindness of Others

 The older Beckham gets, the more expensive he is. I love that he can eat food now, that he loves little treats and can pretty much eat anything we are eating. But, he also loves toys and we do anything to get this kid to giggle. It just melts our hearts and breaks our bank sometimes. 
 Going from 2 incomes to 1 wasn't easy so the idea of bringing another baby into this world is a little daunting financially (not to mention the all the other reasons why having a child is daunting). We started making a list of things we needed: another car seat, another crib or a toddler bed with sheets,  a double stroller and not to mention the diapers and cute girl clothes. It is a little overwhelming when you think about it. The day Mike and I were making our list, our neighbor called and asked us to come over. She handed us a car seat that was barely used and perfect for Beckham, gave me a bucket of little girl clothes and the next day brought over this gorgeous crib that turns into a toddler bed that she is all done with and didn't want to sell it to some stranger. Could that have been any more perfect??


I was overwhelmed by the kindness of people when we had Beckham and I am already blown away how giving people have been for this little girl that still has half a year in the making. I can't even list the amount of things people have just passed on because they were done with it and thought our kids would like it rather than them selling them. The lady I teach swim lessons for hands me a box about once a week of children necessities-toys, plates, cups,utensils, toliet training supplies, baby food and books. She has been such an amazing blessing in our lives and I am so grateful she hates selling things on Craigslist. 
The bottom line is-the Lord knew we were nervous about bringing this little babe into the world. I don't know if you ever feel very prepared but Heavenly Father felt like it was time and we are more than happy to house another sweet spirit of his. There is no doubt in my mind that these hand-me-downs were a blessing to calm our hearts and give us the confidence we need to expand our family. I also have no doubt this blessing comes from tithing and I have seen the blessings from that throughout my life. 
I look forward to one day handing on all the things people have so graciously gave us to bless their lives like so many have done for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment