Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4 month old Beckham

I will be walking down the isle in the grocery store or walking around our neighborhood and people always say what a cute kid we have. I appreciate it. That is really sweet. Really though, you have to compliment babies whether they are cute or not. We all know this, so I don't take these compliments too seriously. Of course I think he is the cutest thing ever but I don't want to be one of those parents who thinks their kid is a blessing to the world when people are really saying, "Have you seen Mike and Alyson's kid? I feel so bad for him."
okay, okay, I am kidding. The real reason I started to talk about my baby is becuse inevitably right after they compliment him, they ask how old he is. "4 months," I say. To which they respond-"Wow, that is a big baby." or "Dang, he is going to be a football player." After the 15th time of hearing this, I started to get a complex. Is my kid the baby version of Hulk?
He was almost 8 pounds 11 ounces when he was born, 21 1/2 inches long (keep in mind he was 11 days late and had no sign of coming anytime soon). There were a few outfits that he never even got to wear in the beginning becuase he was "a big baby." He started wearing most of his 6 month outfits about a month ago. Is that normal?
He went in for his 4 month appointment and here are his stats.
16.5 pounds
26 inches long
That would be 5 pounds lighter than his female 2 year old cousin for the record. He is the 70th percentile in weight, and the 80th percentile in height. So, I guess he is a "Big Baby" BUT, there are bigger ones out there. The bottom line, he is for sure the happiest baby on the block. His brown eyes are coming in. He loves to stand up and he is a pro at rolling over. Sometimes, we go through a whole day without him crying. This kid is a champ and we love him to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment