Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nautical Baby Shower!

My parents are great party planners. They don't miss a detail and this was no exception. I am so grateful they wanted to do this for us!
Concerned about the weather in November, we brought out the heaters but ended up being a beautiful morning outside...only in California right?
I always feel bad going to my home ward to have showers. I just don't want people to think that I am using them but in all sincerity-I love seeing everyone that I grew up with and all my leaders. They are always so supportive too. A huge thank you to everyone that came!

Boat cookies to go!

My mom made this adorable banner which is now in our baby's room (pictures of that too come). People left advice on cards for the "new parents" in the blue dish.

This CUTE CUTE cradle was literally found on the side of the street by my parents. Is it cute or what?? We LOVE it! And we didn't even have to paint it. It came looking that good! (Got some new sheets for it though-don't worry) It will be in our room for awhile.



Terrible angle for me...but besides that it was so fun to have Mike's grandma, cousins and Aunt there.


Mike came down at the end and brought this cute little girl with him. Kristyn's little girl Tatum is a doll! She used to never let us hold her and now she actually comes to us....Bribery works!
This morning, Mike's work surprised him with a small baby shower during his morning meeting. They were kind enough to invite me to come too. This is what happens when you work with a bunch of women right? It was very very sweet and really fun to finally meet the people he works for.
It is so nice to get so much support from people. It is amazing how a small 7/8 pound thing needs so much stuff!
We are anxiously awaiting the little arrival. As much as I would love for him to come, I also am trying to fully embrace the peace and quiet around here while I still have it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness cutest shower!!!! Wish I coulda been there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete