Monday, November 18, 2013

And we wait....

Tomorrow is my due date. I wasn't planning on still being pregnant. That mentality probably set me up for this. So here I wait...
People thought we were crazy for not having everything ready a month in advance and now I wish I still had something to get ready. Instead I just sit in my glider in my baby's room enjoying the peace and quiet. I am sure it looks strange but I thoroughly enjoy it.
I have read endless articles about Inducing labor naturally and have tried everything outside of castor oil- I won't even go there-but this little one is just taking his time. So I am trying hard to surrender to it and just realize that from this point on- my world will revolve around him and whoever comes after him so I better get used to it.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and they told me to be prepared with a date I would like to go into induction. I hate that idea and really hope it never comes down to that. I want the experience of being able to call mike home from work or waking him up in the middle of the night to get ready to go to the hospital. I don't want to be deprived of that. Every night I go to bed thinking-okay this will be it. Then I wake up the next morning. Last night I accidentally hit mike while I was sleeping and he must have thought it was time because he shot up ready to grab the bags and run out the door....it was pretty cute.
I couldn't imagine doing this alone. He has been a great support with the back massages that I request pretty much every single night :)
I also don't know how people go through this without the amazing Google to ask all my questions to and when the Google leaves me with more questions (which it often does) I go to the amazing older sister who has been there done that and still remembers :). Another joy of being the youngest.
Well off I go to fill my day with more cleaning and tutoring and acting like I'm busy....I kind of do enjoy this time though. Can't lie about that. Plus my house has never been and will never be cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment