Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Camping and more...

Kristyn and Paul were kind enough to let us camping with them. When Kristyn and Paul first got married, Paul tried to take just me and Kristyn camping. We drove out there, ate the amazing tin foil dinner (I'm a big fan) and then we drove back and slept in their front room. Kristyn and I are just not the best campers but I have gone a few times since being with Mike, so we decided to give it another go. We are glad we did, it was a lot of fun. Luckily, it was just for a short time. I am still not sure if I could ever handle the few day camping thing. 
Bennette LOVES Mike. He is constantly asking where he is and loves to sit on his lap. It is absolutely adorable. 
This picture is a little strange but kind of cool at the same time. Sometimes I am disappointed there are camp sites with tables and fire pits so close to your neighbors...but who am I kidding? I love listening to other people's conversations. Besides, I am not that hard core. Paul made some amazing dutch oven dinner and great cobbler. He is gifted. 
 It was getting late and as you can see, everyone was getting a little comfy by the fire. 
For Breakfast we ate Costco muffins and chips. There is no better way to start off your day. We then took a little walk before the Jacksons had to get to a soccer game and Mike and I had to get home to take a nap. :)
The day before we went to the Irvine Park. We drove this cool little train, went to the zoo for just a couple of bucks and walked around for a bit. We tried to feed the ducks, but I think they had some deep-seeded people anxiety and bribery would not work. 
In the zoo, they let you grad a brush and pet the goats. I really liked this zoo. It was the perfect size for little feet....and pregnant feet. 
Mike has been driving to Lancaster and Palmdale a lot lately for some job interviews. I had a feeling we were going to end up there at some point, so I went to his last interview to see how it was and see if I could manage there. The whole drive looked very dry and deserty with a bunch of different fires going on. BUT when we got there, we found some nice places that we could see ourselves living. I went into Costco for a little bit to waste time and fill up on free samples while Mike was in his interview and everyone seemed normal :). Good thing too, because they offered Mike a job the next day. I guess freeloading off my parents can't last forever. Shame shame because I have absolutely loved it and was really looking froward to it when I had a kid.  It is only about 2 hours away which is a tremendous improvement from Chicago. I am a little sad about it but also excited about the new adventure. I am sure it will be great once we get all the logistics figured out. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting a job! Also, it's only 5 1/2 hours away from us. We'll have to meet up in SF!

    ReplyDelete