Friday, February 27, 2015

Is this really going to happen?

This pregnancy has gone by sooo incredibly fast. I have 3 more weeks until our due date. I realize that this due date is very fluid so I am not counting down the days but every once in awhile it just hits me that we are getting ready to add another baby to the fam. Not just any baby...a girl!
We had tons of time to think and plan for Beckham. His room was decorated to a T, we had a billion showers for him that decked that kid's wardrobe out and we had plenty of time to think, take classes and prepare. This one...not so much. This baby kind of crept up on us. Her room is really just our office with a crib now and her wardrobe is mostly hand-me-downs (still super cute though). The only thing that reminds me I am pregnant is the major heartburn and the huge basketball I carry around that Beckham loves to poke. 
Maybe part of me doesn't want to think about it because the whole labor, post-labor is still a little too fresh in my mind. BUT, I will say, I have no doubt this little girl needs to come at this time. I don't know if it is because of friends in school, or because of the relationship she will have with Beckham or what-but I am so excited to see what the future holds. I can't wait to see her and Beckham play together. He loves to give hugs and kisses and bring kids toys, I am hoping it is a sign of things to come. I also can't wait to see Mike as a father of a little girl. He was so excited about Beckham and he has done the most amazing job taking him to basketball courts, wrestling with him, chasing him around the house. He also is an amazing diaper changer and is so good about taking turns waking up with that early riser. Everyone in our ward knows that Beckham is definitely a daddy's boy. People will often tell me not to worry because our little girl will probably be a mommy's girl. Honestly, I am A-okay with her being a Daddy's girl too. I have no doubt she will fall in love with Mike as much as Beckham and I have and I can't wait to see her steal his heart and for his heart to turn to putty every time he looks at her. We wont even talk about what it will be like when she starts dating....

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are keeping up your post! It is great for me to remember what we do too!

    ReplyDelete