I made this wreath today with some cloth from the wedding, a hanger for the shape and some scrapbooking paper cut into leaves.
This is for Mike's costume. We will be going as the chimney sweep and Mary Poppins. This is a poll I bought-painted black and super glued sticks on it. It is the best I could do! haha. But I think it will work.
To refrain from buying pancake mix, I looked up some pancake recipes online and found an amazing buttermilk pancake recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot
It has been a great and productive weekend.