Sunday, June 12, 2011

And the fun continues...but I am a wimp



Not having a job definitely has some perks. For example, whenever Mike is home, I get to be home and we get to play! Here is us on our little bike ride. It cracks me up mostly because Mike has a very serious mountain bike and mine is a borrowed bike with a basket from Wal Mart. Ha. Maybe one day I will get into mountain biking too-who knows?
Mike and I went up Provo Canyon here and went for a little walk. He is a trooper because it was a beautiful day and I really wanted to go outside but he was a sick sick boy with a 103 temperature. Way sad! But the fresh air was really good for him :)
For our date night on Friday, we went to a crepe restaurant which was pretty good and then we went bowling. Playing one game with two makes for a very short game, so after we went long boarding down Provo canyon. Here is something I will definitely miss about Utah. I am not sure there will be a lot of places for us to long board in Chicago. As we were going down the hill, Mike and I were talking about the first day we met. We actually went long boarding together that night-who would have known that a year and half later- we would be married for time and all eternity.
Going down that hill also made me realize, that I have become a little bit of a wimp. There was a time that I felt like I was invincible. I could do anything and not get hurt. The older I get, the more I find that doing anything dangerous is not as much fun as the idea of having a family or the function of my body. I will still go long boarding, but I will definitely go down a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment