We all of the sudden decided to take a trip to Utah to enjoy some crisp fall weather and see Mike's family. This trip was such a blast for a few reasons.
1. It was spontaneous. There is something more fun about doing things on a whim.
2. The kids handled the traveling so well. Mike and I were both in awe. We couldn't even talk about in because we were scared we would jinx it. We drove during their naps, let them run around for an hour and then kept on going. We thought for sure the hotel was going to be difficult since Harper still wakes up in the middle of the night and Beckham is really sensitive to noise at night-but he didn't even notice.
3. We did things in Utah we have never done before. Utah has always been a lot of fun but when you have kids, you have to switch your mindset and start thinking outside the box of things to do. We got to do a ton of stuff we have heard about but never had done.
4. We got to hang out with all of our favorite people!
5. I got to wear my boots again and enjoy some nice fall weather.
I won't give you a play by play, but I will give you some highlights.
|I don't think this kid has ever seen so many leaves|
|We took a little hike to Ensign Peak one morning with Mike's sister, Dana and on another day, we took a small walk through Provo Canyon. After, we went to Tucanos...holy cow, I love that place! It was soo good!|
|A trip to the Marriott Center was a must and I was so glad my friend, Rachel could come with us!|