Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Utah Trip Part 1

We all of the sudden decided to take a trip to Utah to enjoy some crisp fall weather and see Mike's family. This trip was such a blast for a few reasons. 
1. It was spontaneous. There is something more fun about doing things on a whim. 
2. The kids handled the traveling so well. Mike and I were both in awe. We couldn't even talk about in because we were scared we would jinx it. We drove during their naps, let them run around for an hour and then kept on going. We thought for sure the hotel was going to be difficult since Harper still wakes up in the middle of the night and Beckham is really sensitive to noise at night-but he didn't even notice. 
3. We did things in Utah we have never done before. Utah has always been a lot of fun but when you have kids, you have to switch your mindset and start thinking outside the box of things to do. We got to do a ton of stuff we have heard about but never had done. 
4. We got to hang out with all of our favorite people! 
5. I got to wear my boots again and enjoy some nice fall weather. 
I won't give you a play by play, but I will give you some highlights. 

We went to This is the Place. We had never been there before. It is a little quirky. Mostly the workers. But we had a wagon ride, made some leather things, had some pony rides and beaded some necklaces. I especially loved to hang out with one of my favorite companions from my mission and her little girl and new baby!


 We went to Temple Square (What kind of Mormons would we be if we didn't??) All of these pictures are of Beckham because Harper was either sleeping or tied to my chest and it is too hard to take her out-Sorry Harp.
I don't think this kid has ever seen so many leaves


We took a little hike to Ensign Peak one morning with Mike's sister, Dana and on another day, we took a small walk through Provo Canyon. After, we went to Tucanos...holy cow, I love that place! It was soo good! 







We were really hoping to go on the Heber Creeper Pumpkin ride but turns out...we showed up to the Scenic ride full of old people :/ So frustrating but we (my cousin Lindsy and Mike's brother and his wife) ended up heading to Park City taking a little walk to the White barn, riding the trolley, getting some caramel apples and having some lunch at a cute little coffee shop. Definitely made up for the lack of Heber Creeper

A trip to the Marriott Center was a must and I was so glad my friend, Rachel could come with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment