Monday, February 10, 2014

Youth dance

I used to love going to stake dances. I remember dressing up for them and hanging around certain guys hoping to dance with him. Avoiding others, hoping NOT to dance with them. Dressing 80's with my friends for no apparent reason at all except that we were just that cool.
Mike and I are now working with the youth and so we got asked to help chaperone the dance. I was way excited. I made Mike come out and dance with me and some of the youth who would often dissapear when we started to dance...strange. I guess they were just embarassed their moves were not up to our caliber. It will come with time kids...it will come with time.
They probably won't have us chaparone again. We were dancing more than we were watching the kids. But I sure enjoyed it :). Floods of memories came back and that awkward feeling I always got when I realized I wasn't as cool as I thought I was came back to haunt me as well.
Some of the dance I just sat back and laughed. The segregation between male and female was hysterical and highly entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man!!!!! So many memories!!! Those kids have no idea how lucky they are to have you at their dances!!! You need to bring out the Michael Jackson outfit next time!

    ReplyDelete