Monday, May 21, 2012

NATO summit

The NATO summit was held just a few miles away from us. The whole Chicago world seemed to shut down. They blocked off major roads and freeways and when you finally found your way downtown it was like you were in a rat maze trying to work your way out with cops and batons trapping you in on every corner. Simple 20 minute trips became an hour of your life People were told to stay home, downtown businesses were asked to have their workers work from home and schools were closed. 100's of cops were pulled in from different states to keep the protestors protesting everything imaginable quiet. I heard there were some instances of unrest but I personally thoroughly enjoyed the bucket beats on the side of the road today. I have also never felt safer when there is a line up of cops waiting for someone to get out of hand so they can drop their coffee and grab their tazer. I don't think I'll ever see anything like this again.
This is the first time the NATO summit has been held anywhere else in america but in Washington. Obama wanted to show everyone his hometown I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment